Thursday, June 9, 2011

Book Reviews

So since I've been laying around all the time, I've been enjoying some reading time.  I thought I could rate some of the books I've read in the last week and help you out if you have some time to indulge:

Safely Home (by Randy Alcorn?)- ***** an incredible story about the persecution of the Chinese church.  Loved this book as it is filled with powerful scripture and stories of transformed lives.  It made me think about suffering, my lack of experience with it, and the weakness of the American church.

Her Daughters Dream (by Francine Rivers)- ****1/2 This book is the 2nd book in a series about the legacy that mother's leave to their children.  This book has the stories of several generations of women and changes from one character's perspective to another.  Enjoyed reading this one, but I love the first one even more, A Mother's Hope

A Lineage of Grace (by Francine Rivers)- **** I'm reading this book for the 2nd time.  It includes several stories of women in the lineage of Jesus Christ.  I enjoy reading Francine's version of these stories from the Bible, but I recommend reading the real stories afterward to make sure you can seperate her fictional version from what the word of God says.

Coming soon:
Jerusalem Scrolls
Three Cups of Tea 

No comments: