Thursday, November 13, 2008

Scripture Snacks Update

On Friday, JG started memorizing his first scripture snack, 1 John 4:19. We recited it at meals and other times during the day and drew a word-picture of it for the fridge. He had the verse down pat in 2 days and even recited it to his Sunday school teacher! So Monday, he begged me to pick another verse and we ended up with Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength." I haven't been quite as diligent with this verse so we will probably keep it through next week. Let me know if you are joining us in our "snacks" and I will be sure to email you with any activities I make up to go with the verses.

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I am horrible on follow through but would love to be included in your emails. Can you bring the scripture snacks on Tuesday so I can look at it?

Natalie said...

Hey Amy, I started about a month ago doing a verse with Addie. We're on week 2. She's gotten them quickly so far but I always forget to change then and forget to search for a good verse. So I may do the same verse as you this week! It makes my heart so glad to hear my little girl speaking God's word!