Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Little Gentleman

Lately JG's been showing some signs of becoming a gentleman.

1. He's brought me silk flowers everyday for the last few days and says "Here mommy...tulips for you. Smell good. "

2. After tasting his whole wheat pancakes yesterday morning, he said "Umm! These are good! I like it."

3. He takes out the trash. Well, not really. Whenever he finds anything that could be trash, he takes it right to the trash can. If the kitchen gate is up, he even throws the trash as far as he can over the gate and toward the trash can. Maybe he'll be a garbage man...

4. He's always trying to share his food with me, even candy, and says "Mommy taste?"

5. Whenever he tries to squeeze past me in a small space, he says "Cuse me mama."

So, maybe some of these things are really just basic manners... but I'll take 'em, praise 'em, and hold on to them like they mean everything. In the midst of temper tantrum and whining, they really do.

3 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

How cute. He really is quite a gentleman. You are training him well and my daughter will be thankful when they are dating:)

Anonymous said...

I can identify with him. One of my mom's favorite stories from when I was a kid was that I did actually want to be a garbage man when I grew up. They got to ride on the back of the truck, and mom wouldn't let me do this (not even just to try it out... geez!) I would practice on the back of my bunk bed. Sad?

Jesse said...

Casey, so the moral of the story is I should let JG ride on the back of the car? Amy won't even let me do that. For now, he sits back on his plastic tricycle so that he has to lean to touch the handlebars. I will have to get a picture of it someday.