Monday, May 12, 2008
What's for Dinner?
I haven't got a clue what we are going to have for dinner. I'm out of inspiration and am kind of in a cooking rut. We are in the middle of replacing and painting all 15 interior doors in our house. I'm in charge of sanding, cleaning, taping, priming, and painting the trim. I'm looking for healthy and quick meal suggestions. For you meal planners, what are you serving at your house this week? Can we come?... kidding. Just looking for ideas and recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You all seriously could come for dinner tonight. We have a huge piece of salmon we need to grill because we didnot eat it yeasterday for Mother's Day because dad was in the hospital (long story, not a big deal). Here is one of my favorite, quick, easy dishes.
Mix a can of whole cranberries, a small bottle of Russian dressing and 1 pack of dry onion soup mix. Pour over 4-6 chicken breast in a pyrex casserole dish. Cook at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until chicken is done. Serve over rice or noodles. We keep the ingredients on hand all the time and it is yummy though we get sick of it sometime.
This is my fast and easy dinner that is oh so yummy!:
1 roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
1 can french onion soup
1 pkg dry onion soup
1 can of water (or until covers meat)
20 ginger snaps
Put all in a crock pot on high for the day!
I like to make gravy with the broth.
good luck with the painting project.
My favorite easy recipes aren't necessarily the best in the hot Texas weather. But my standbys that we always have on hand are Turkey Chili, Ground Turkey Tacos and Boboli Pizza (with skim cheese, turkey pepperoni and wheat crust).
For the chili and the tacos, I just buy the McCormicks seasoning packets and follow the directions on the back. They're probably really high in sodium, but other than that, it's pretty healthy since you're substituting ground turkey. And you could also get the wheat tortillas for the tacos.
(And when I say these are my faves, I mean it's pretty much the only cooking duties Michael lets me have. I stick with the baking.)
We've been eating a lot of refried beans, spanish rice and tortillas at our house. It's not a huge meal, I know. But it's working for us on so many levels.
Post a Comment