Monday, March 31, 2008

Super Spring Savings

Today, just for kicks, I came home and added up how much money I saved on groceries by using coupons and price matching. This week I saved $17.06! I've only calculated my savings a few times, but on average I tend to save about $20 a week. Sure, $20 a week isn't that much, but with 52 weeks in a year, the savings comes out to $1040 for the year. I think that pretty good. Anyone else have any other ways they save money on groceries?

4 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I think $20 a week is a great savings. Think of all the other great things you can spend $20 on. And like you added, $1040 is a trip for 2! I am not great at coupons. I go through phases so I don't have any great tips. I did the Grocery Game for a little while but it was mainly items I did not use so not so useful.

Erin said...

I've always been amazed at how well you do that. I have never been able to do the whole coupon thing, for whatever reason. We don't get the paper, so I miss out on those coupons. I do occasionally buy some things at Kroger when they are having a good sale, but mostly I just shop at Wal-Mart. It's hard for me to know what a good price is on something. Maybe you could teach me your mad saving skills...

The Fanks said...

I wish we got a paper for that reason alone. I love using coupons. It's like free money if you're buying the product anyway. I print some out every week online and look around to see who's selling the same things on sale.

Holly Ramsey said...

This might sound wierd - but sometimes I buy stuff like detergent or paper towels at the grocery store instead of Target. The extra $1.00 I'll spend on it at Tom Thumb far underspends what I would spend if I took a separate shopping trip to Target. Target and Walmart 'type' stores are spending magnets for me because I buy so much extra stuff.