Saturday, July 7, 2007

Buy Shoes, Save Lives

We have some American friends from college that are currently living in Northern Iraq. They have started a business exporting hand-made Iraqi shoes so they can invest the profits to help provide heart surgeries to Iraqi kids in their city who might otherwise die without the surgeries. I think the whole thing is really creative. I know that so many of us are looking and praying for ways to really help others who are in need by distributing the surplus that God has given all of us to those who need it. Therefore I thought I'd let you all know about this. Plus, I foresee this shoe being the next big thing in fashion, so you will someday be able to say "I was one of the first to wear this shoe, now everyone has some." Check out their site at buyshoessavelives.com. I have also put a long term link on the left side of the page.


Buy Shoes. Save Lives. Banner1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we're pr for you guys as you go in for Baby tomorrow. Can't wait to meet this next one with you!

and I love how you labeled buying shoes/saving lives as worship. That is absolutely beautiful and 100% accurate and God-honoring!

That one "tag" alone gave me great encouragement and edification today!

peace

blue|sofa